The Printrbot Plus is constructed of laser cut wood and machined aluminum with open platform for fabricating parts up to 10 x 10 x 10 inches using 1.75mm PLA or ABS filament. The printer head moves on the X (left to right) and Z (up and down) axes, while the heated print bed moves on the Y (backward and forward) axis. The Mic 6 aluminum bed is extremely flat and works with an Auto-Leveling Probe with the user-chosen software to calibrate the height of the print head (see video of the probe). The 1.75mm Ubis Hot End has a maximum resolution of 100 microns and includes a fan to help solidify the molten filament as it is extruded onto the print bed. The printer uses open source software and connects to the computer using the included mini-USB cable. Using a micro-SD card (sold separately), the printer can be disconnected from the computer for untethered printing during long print jobs.
The guide rails have a 12-mm diameter for stability and have linear bearings for smooth movement of the print head and bed. The GT2 belt and aluminum pulley system facilitates precise movement of the print head and bed. The NEMA 17 stepper motors meet the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standard ICS 16-2001.
The Printrbot Plus (Model 1404) is now available in four variations:
- Standard: Single Alu Extruder.
- Wireless: Single Extruder w/ Raspberry Pi & Camera for printing over an ad-hoc wi-fi network.
- Dual w/o Wireless: Dual Extruders without Raspberry Pi or Camera.
- Fully Loaded: Dual Extruders, Raspberry Pi & Camera for printing two filaments at once via an ad-hoc wi-fi network.
- Model: 1404
- Build Volume: 10″ x 10″ x 10″ / 1,000 cubic inches / 254 x 254 x 254 mm
- Print Resolution: 100 Microns
- Print Speed: 60mm/second – suggested maximum
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA or ABS (sample included)
- Extruder: Alu Extruder (direct drive) with 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Print Bed: Mic 6 machined aluminum plate with heated bed
- Construction: 1/4″ laser cut birch wood, machined aluminum, 3/8″ Acme threaded rod, and 12mm diameter linear shaft
- Belt: GT2
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev D Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Power Requirements: 12V (29 amp) ATX power suppy (included)
- Max Current Draw: 6.5 amps (single extruder), 8 amps (dual extruder)
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper
- Overall Footprint*: 24″ x 18″ x 17″ (L x W x H)
*Overall Footprint is the space needed to operate the full range of motion for the machine – X, Y, and Z axes travel.
- Assembly Required: No
- Lead Time: 2-3 weeks from order date
- Weight: 28lbs
- Dimensions: 24″ x 24″ x 24″