The Printrbot Simple has won “Best Portable 3D Printer for Schools” in Make Magazine’s 2015 Digital Fabrication Shootout!
“Still one of the best starter printers. And now with the included handle, a great mobile machine.” -Make Magazine
Printrbot’s first all-metal 3D Printer. The all metal construction combined with a GT2 belt pulley system produces a 3D print that rivals those of other manufacturers which cost thousands more!
*For build instructions, software downloads, and more information on the Printrbot Simple, click here.
- Model: 1403
- Build Volume: 6″ x 6″ x 6″ / 150mm x 150mm x 150mm / 216 cubic inches
- Print Resolution: 50 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included)
- Extruder: Alu Extruder (direct drive) with 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Print Bed: Not heated (0.3mm level tolerance)
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body with 8mm and 12mm diameter linear shaft
- Belt: GT2
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Software:Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura v15.04 – available for free download.
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper
- Overall Footprint*: 18″ x 17″ x 13″ (L x W x H)
- Click here to download a pdf of technical specifications.
*Overall Footprint is the space needed to operate the full range of motion for the machine – X, Y, and Z axes travel.
- Assembly Required: Yes – click here for instructions
- Weight: 17 lbs
- Dimensions: 16″ x 12″ x 6″ (L x W x H)