This is the fully assembled Hot End used on all printrbots, designed by Carl Ubis. Carl spent 31 years at HP, including running a failure analysis lab. He knows something about testing the limits of equipment! We would put this hot end up against any other hot end on the market for reliability and capability. Bar none. Most of the problems with hot ends come from the fact that most are kits put together by inexperienced individuals. This hot end is put together by professionals under the watchful eye of Carl himself. It is built to exacting standards and tested with a burn-in process to ensure every single one works before shipping. Carl even inspects the parts with a microscope for quality control. We truly believe this is the best hot end in the world.
The Ubis Hot End Features…
- Fully assembled, tested and ready to plug in and use!
- Accepts 3mm ABS or PLA filament
- .4mm replaceable tip installed
- nichrome wire heater (super efficient)
- brass barrel
- peek plastic
- insulator boot
- thermistor (installed) with ends
- 2.9 inches long from tip to top