It is SURREAL! We went out to dinner with friends the night before and my buddy was saying “I think it will go up to $800K.” I told him he was crazy – there was no way.
The last 24 hour period of the kickstarter project, the total went up $133,000! Incredible. I am so grateful to all of you backers!
Below are the core printrbot guys. From left to right: Laine (electronics design), Alex (building and feeding the bot farm), Carl (hotend design and production), Brook (printrbot design, etc), and not shown here is Brian (printrbot+ and L.C.: 3D model drawings, lasercutting, and more). Without these 4 guys, you wouldn’t have your printrbot. My deepest thanks to all these talented team members!
BOT FARM UPDATE: We are slowly working on the bot farm. We will be moving into a location in Lincoln (out of my garage). Alex is preparing the bots for the farm as I type. We will be using printrbot+ models as well as (plastic) printrbots. We discovered the regular printrbots do barely accept an 8.25 x 8.25 heated bed, so we will upgrade our printrbots to an 8×8″model with longer smooth and threaded rods. Our upgrade will not include the z-height, since it will be unecessary – I actually have a bunch of 9″ rods I need to use anyway. We will show video of the printrbots at the botfarm, but no promise on how soon. Things here are at a fever pitch trying to creatively fund the project start BEFORE I get the funds from Amazon (2 weeks away still).
We have a plan to print and lasercut everything we need in 2-3 weeks from start to finish, so we are feeling good about our estimated delivery dates so far. We do have to double some of our orders, so we are not sure about a few items yet. I will keep you posted.
That is it for now. Take care.