DescriptionVIEW & DOWNLOAD DESIGN FILES
The Smalls is a small, portable, and versatile 3D printer for the hacker, maker, or student on a budget. Build volume begins at 4″ x 4″ x 5″ (X-Y-Z), but the possibility to expand is there with our upgrade kits or your own design whimsy.
Upgradeable to 8″x6″x6″ for $378 total. Click here for X Axis Upgrade.
Upgradable to 8″x6″x10″ for $477 total with product above + Z Axis Upgrade. Click here for Z Axis Upgrade.
Construction decisions were pragmatic, using the right fabrication tool for each job: Pristine machined aluminum, water jet 5052 and 6061 aluminum plate, and just a dollop of 3D printed parts to give it that “reprap flavor”.View Getting Started Materials
- Model: 1704
- Build Volume (X-Y-Z): 100mm x 100mm x 130mm (apx 4″ x 4″ x 6″ / 80 cubic inches)
- Print Resolution: 100 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included)
- Extruder: Injection Molded v2 Direct Drive Extruder
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Print Bed: Not heated – 1/8″ 6061 aluminum (0.3mm level tolerance)
- Belt: GT2
- Z Lead Screw: 1/4″ 16 threaded
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F5 Printrboard with microUSB connection and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Software: Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura v15.04 – available for free download.
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper. Click here for specifications.
- Overall Footprint*: 16.6″ x 13″ x 11″ (L x W x H)
- Click here for full Bill of Materials
- Click here to view the Autodesk/Fusion A360 3D rendering of the assembled Smalls
*Overall Footprint is the space needed to operate the full range of motion for the machine – X, Y, and Z axes travel.
- Assembly Required: No
- Support: You will be required to seek technical assistance at our support site and user forum at support.printrbot.com.
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Dimensions: 12″ x 9″ x 6″ (L x W x H)
Disclaimer of Assembly: Printrbot does not guarantee compatibility with any third party software or operating system (Repetier, Pronterface, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc). This applies to kits and assembled units.