The Printrbot Simple has won “Best Portable 3D Printer for Schools” in Make Magazine’s 2015 Digital Fabrication Shootout!
“Still one of the best starter printers. And now with the included handle, a great mobile machine.” -Make Magazine
“3D Printer Shootout – $600 Printrbot vs. $20,000 uPrint SE Plus” –Click here to see how the Simple squares off vs a $20,000 3D printer!
Printrbot’s first all-metal 3D Printer. The metal construction combined with a GT2 belt pulley system produces a 3D print that rivals those of other manufacturers which cost thousands more!Getting Started with Your Printrbot Simple
- Model: 1403
- Build Volume: 6″ x 6″ x 6″ / 150mm x 150mm x 150mm / 216 cubic inches
- Print Resolution: 50 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included)
- Extruder: Alu Extruder V2 (direct drive) with 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Print Bed: Not heated – powder coated 5052 aluminum (0.3mm level tolerance)
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body with 8mm and 12mm diameter linear shaft
- Belt: GT2
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- As of 1/11/16, the Printrboard no longer ships with pins for EXP1, EXP2, I2C, or ICSP.
- Software:Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura v15.04 – available for free download.
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper. Click here for specifications.
- Overall Footprint*: 18″ x 17″ x 13″ (L x W x H)
- Click here to download a pdf of technical specifications.
*Overall Footprint is the space needed to operate the full range of motion for the machine – X, Y, and Z axes travel.
- Assembly Required: No
- Weight: 16 lbs
- Dimensions: 16″ x 12″ x 16″ (L x W x H)
Disclaimer of Assembly: Printrbot does not guarantee compatibility with any third party software or operating system (Repetier, Pronterface, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc). This applies to kits and assembled units. *Mac OSX El Capitan not supported at this time.