Printrbot’s premium extruder, the Gear Head, is new and improved! With machined recesses in the arm and body, the user no longer has to fuss with setting proper spring tension. The post that was previously made of delrin plastic is now machined aluminum to increase durability and match the fit and finish of the rest of the extruder components. This is the same extruder used on the new Simple and we are excited to offer it to offer it to all of our users!
As with the v1 Gear Head, the longer tensioner arm makes for easier filament loading. The two drive gears engage against your filament in order to extrude it forcefully and evenly. The Gear Head Extruder v2 is Printrbot’s premium extruder.
- Machined Aluminum Gear Head Extruder parts
- Tensioner Spring
- Drive Gears (x2)
- Machined Aluminum Post
- Mounting Hardware
- Assembly required: YES – Click here for instructions
- Installation required: YES
- Steps per mm should be set to 127 (M92 E127 command)
- Compatibility may vary, if this product is not installed on a current Printrbot model. Some “hacking” may be required.
- Gear Head Beta parts not compatible