The Printrboard G2 is the same electronics board used in the new Simple, now available for those brave souls who like to tinker. Hex files are now available for various configurations of current Printrbot models.
View the G2 Firmware Guide to determine which “flavor” is right for you.
Click here to view the G2 Connection Diagram.
Click here to view the Legacy Breakout Connection Diagram.
Click here for binaries.
Click here for info about g2core firmware.
Notes / Requirements:
- Ubis 13S Hot End REQUIRED
- The G2 board is capable of running a heat plate, but is not a “drop-in” replacement controller. In other words, if you have a current Printrbot heat plate (Plus/Simple/Play w heat bed upgrade), you will lose the capability to heat your print bed with this board.
- Simple 1403 Users: USB B connector is considerably larger than the microUSB connector that has been used on previous revs of Printrboard. You will have to either have to “hack” a larger connection hole into the base of your Printrbot or reverse the orientation of the Printrboard, which will affect accessibility to the USB and SD sockets. See an image here.
- Mac users, you have the option to load firmware to your G2. Download the Printrbot Firmware Updater.
- 32-Bit ARM® Cortex®-M3 operating at 84MHz with 512KB (512K x 8) FLASH
- 12V Power Input
- USB-B Connection
- Integrated NeoPixel control
- 4x 1/32 Step DRV8825 Stepper Motor Drivers (12V 2.5amp max)
- 2x Independently controlled fan outputs
- 2x Thermistor Ports
- 2x High power heater outputs