Updated 6/27/17: With linear rails, a slightly increased build volume, and wood finished trim, the Smalls Limited Edition is the printer that Brook says is “the one that he wants to carry”. Initially, this product was only available in a limited quantity, due to the fact that Brook had so much ownership over the assembly of these few units. Since its release, this product has become so popular that it has been integrated into normal production runs. We are happy to announce that the Smalls LE is here to stay!
View Getting Started Materials
- Model: 1704LE
- Build Volume (X-Y-Z): 6″ x 6″ x 6″ (approximate) – 173mm x 150mm x 148mm
- Print Resolution: 100 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included)
- Extruder: Injection Molded v2 Direct Drive Extruder
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Rails: Linear Rails
- Belt: GT2
- Z Lead Screw: 1/4″ 16 threaded
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F6 Printrboard with USB B connection and micro SD push-push card socket for untethered printing
- Software: Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura v15.04 – available for free download.
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper. Click here for specifications.
- Overall Footprint*: 16.6″ x 13″ x 11″ (L x W x H)
*Overall Footprint is the space needed to operate the full range of motion for the machine – X, Y, and Z axes travel.
- Assembly Required: No
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Dimensions: 12″ x 9″ x 6″ (L x W x H)
Disclaimer of Assembly: Printrbot does not guarantee compatibility with any third party software or operating system (Repetier, Pronterface, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc). This applies to kits and assembled units.